Looks like the Canadian market will soon have an eighth ETF entrant. FT Portfolios Canada Co has filed a preliminary prospectus with the Canadian securities regulatory authorities to launch it’s Canadian domiciled ETFs as reported in their press release.
The list of the new ETFs are as follows:
- First Trust AlphaDEX Canadian Dividend Plus ETF
- First Trust AlphaDEX U.S. Dividend Plus ETF (CAD‐Hedged)
- First Trust AlphaDEX Emerging Market Dividend ETF (CAD‐Hedged).
- First Trust AlphaDEX Global Energy Income Plus ETF (CAD‐Hedged)
- First Trust Senior Loan ETF (CAD‐Hedged)
Although competition is nice, not so sure if more choices similar to what is already available is really necessary.